- What browsers can I run Galleria in?
- Wait a minute, I thought Galleria was free?
- I get a “Fatal Error” when I run Galleria
- The gallery does not work, instead I get a big list of images
- Do you do custom themes for a fee?
- Galleria runs much smoother in Chrome than in IE
- What mobile strategy does Galleria have?
- Do you have multi-license options for Premium themes?
What browsers can I run Galleria in?¶
The short answer: IE7+, FF3+, Opera 11+, Chrome 9+, Safar 4+ and Mobile Safari.
IE6 is not supported by any theme at this point, but Galleria itself supports it so you can patch a theme yourself if you need IE6 compliance (we don’t really see the point though).
Wait a minute, I thought Galleria was free?¶
The Galleria core and one bundled theme (Classic) is released under the MIT license and is completely free to use and abuse. We like to keep it that way. But in order to establish continuous growth and progress, we need fundings. Donations are always welcome, but unfortunately not enough to keep things running for us.
So the business model is to keep Galleria 100% free but also develop Premium Themes and add-ons that we release under a commercial license. These themes are available for purchase on our site and they probably cost less than half of your hourly consulting fee rate. Purchasing themes is a great way to support the project and at the same time increase your portfolio of web design components.
I get a “Fatal Error” when I run Galleria¶
Galleria throws errors when something is not right. Some errors are considered critical for Galleria to run properly, and when they occur Galleria stops and throws a “Fatal Error”. The most common error is that the path to the themes, images or scripts are wrong so please double check those and make sure you have the right permissions set.
Another common issue is that the gallery is hidden when it tries to initialize, then it will fail to extract correct measurements. Make sure the gallery is visible or try the wait option.
If you are experiencing other problems, you might want to optimize your gallery for better loading process. Please read through Optimizing Galleria to get information of the best way to optimize your gallery.
The gallery does not work, instead I get a big list of images¶
This is probably because Galleria never gets initialized. Please make sure you are:
- targeting the correct element selector when calling Galleria
- including jQuery in your document
- including Galleria and not getting any error messages
- make sure the path to the scripts are correct and you have the right permissions
- calling Galleria after the images in the HTML source
Do you do custom themes for a fee?¶
At the moment, not really. But you are welcome to throw us a request and we’ll see what we can do. It helps if you include your budget and design mockups / feature specs when contacting us.
Galleria runs much smoother in Chrome than in IE¶
What mobile strategy does Galleria have?¶
Ge focus on mobile compatibility in a responsive context, meaning that the Galleria gallery works on mobile devices much the same way as they do on the desktop web. We also optimize our themes so the interaction is more precise when displayed on touch devices.